Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Living in Michigan, you KNOW theres gonna be snow every winter....I also KNOW by February , I'm gonna be tired of it. This year is no exception!.
Yes its pretty to look at, and yes its fun, but I hate the ice and sub zero temps! I'm pretty sure I would never make in in North Dakota or Minnesota! Lake Michigan pulls its own twists on the accumulation totals....
A typical forecast.....
"Lake-effect snow will continue with another 4-6" accumulation possible tonight. Temperatures will fall into the single numbers. Winds will turn to the north at 5-10 mph inland and southwest at 7-14 mph along the lakeshore before turning to the north. Wind chills will be in the single numbers"
I think this is the most snow the state has had in a long time. I'm sure by the end of the season...(June by the looks of things!) there will be many records set...In the mean time....guess I will just keep looking for spring!

No comments: