Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Its taken me a couple days to actually write this one.
I was so disappointed that I wasn't even sure of what i wanted to say... or if I should say anything.
I am co captain of a Relay for Life team... we support the American Cancer Society to help find a cure for this awful disease. Last Saturday night we held a benefit all you can eat spaghetti dinner. 1 other relay team showed up. ONE! there are 26 I think. Its a lot of hard work and I was just amazed at the lack of support by the other teams. Are they afraid that if they spend $8.00 on a plate of food that our team may raise more money then them???? HELLO!!!!!
its all going to the same place!!

I am fairly new to the "circuit" this is only my 4th year with a team. I am an hour and a half away from the town that I support, but I have made an effort to attend as many events as I could. I've also supported other countys. Because I can. Remember...help your neighbor????

When did a common cause produce so much evil competition? Good friendly healthy competition is needed to keep things fun and exciting... and when did we turn into a such a selfish society?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 1000%. I've been involved in Relay for 8 years and I have seen the same thing over and over. It is so frustrating. I wish I had an answer for you. By the way, the spaghetti was great and the company was even better!!!